To make crime prevention an integral part of life in New York State.
- To bring together all segments of the community
- To create partnerships
- To improve the quality of life
- To develop and implement crime prevention initiatives, training and education
NYS CPC . . .
- Trains crime prevention practitioners.
- Provides information and technical assistance on crime prevention to residents and members of the law enforcement, academic and business communities.
- Acts as a networking agency to inform practitioners about successful programs.
- Provides crime prevention experts to speak about effective crime prevention strategies and area programs.
- Coordinates statewide efforts into a cohesive unit dedicated to reducing crime and criminal opportunity in our communities.
- Recognizes people who have had a significant impact in reducing crime.