Privacy and Security Policies
"Personal information" is information about an individual (e.g. an individual's name, address, and phone number). Personal information is not collected through this website unless you send an email to the NYS CPC through this website. If you do not communicate with this website it does not affect your ability to use any other features of this website.
Currently, the NYS CPC does not knowingly collect personal information from children or create profiles of children through this website. The NYS CPC encourages parents and teachers to be involved in children's Internet activities and guide the children whenever children are asked to provide personal information on-line.
People are cautioned that the collection of personal information provided in an email by any individual-child or adult-will be treated as information given by an adult and, if not protected by federal or State law, may be subject to public access.
When you email the NYS CPC website:
If you send an email to the NYS CPC, your email address and the contents of your email will be collected.
The information collected is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. The information is retained in accordance with the public record retention provisions in the State Arts and Cultural Affairs Law.
Your email address and the information contained in your email will be used to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve this website, or to forward your email to another agency for appropriate action.
The NYS CPC does not collect your email address to sell or distribute it for commercial marketing purposes.
Internet Service Provider (ISP):
When visiting this website our Internet Service Provider (ISP) automatically collects and stores statistical information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol address and domain name of your Internet service provider.
- The type of browser and operating system you used.
- The date and time you visited this site.
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site.
- The URL or web site address of the web site you visited prior to coming to this website and from which any web page on this site was linked.
Note: A domain name or Internet Protocol address is not considered personal information. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer, which can be used to direct Internet traffic to you.
Use of statistics collected:
The information collected is used for statistical analysis purposes. The statistics are used to:
- Help the NYS CPC to understand how visitors are using our website so that we can improve this website's content by determining what information is of most and of least interest to our visitors and
- Identify system performance or problem areas.
- The NYS CPC does not sell or distribute the information collected from the website for commercial marketing purposes. The information is retained in accordance with the public record retention provisions in the State Arts and Cultural Affairs Law.
Disclosure of information collected:
Information collected through the website-personal or otherwise-may, if not protected by federal or State law, be subject to disclosure pursuant to law, such as the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL), or court order.
The NYS CPC may disclose personal information to federal or other law enforcement authorities to enforce its rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to information of the NYS CPC.
NYS CPC Website Security Policy:
The NYS CPC only permits access to personally identifiable information from this website to staff who need access to perform a specific task. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of this website as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content and the electronic transmission of information.
Note: The information contained in this policy should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal or other advice or warranting as fail proof the security of information provided via this website. For site security purposes and to ensure that this website remains available to all users, the NYS CPC employs an Internet Service Provider to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage to this website.
Information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. The New York State Crime Prevention Coalition makes no warranties, guarantees, or representations of any kind as to the content, accuracy, or completeness of the information contained in this Web Site or in the sites of any links provided herein.
This hyperlink policy is being established in an effort to maintain the integrity and credibility of the New York State Crime Prevention Coalition and provide a site that ensures public trust. The New York State Crime Prevention Coalition ("NYS CPC") reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions of this policy without prior notice.
HYPERLINKS TO THE NYS CPC'S WEB SITE
In order to link to the NYS CPC’s website, it is necessary to obtain prior approval. Any request to link to the NYS CPC website should be established under the following terms and conditions:
- It should be established to the first page of the NYS CPC’s Web Site;
- None of the NYS CPC’s pages should be framed and inserted;
- It should not be construed as any form of the NYS CPC’s endorsement of your Web Site or any form of co-operation, partnership or joint venture between us;
- Only the name and Web Site address of the NYS CPC can be displayed on your Web Site which is linked with the NYS CPC’s Web Site;
- Use of the NYS CPC logo is at our discretion and only with our approval;
- The NYS CPC is not liable for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of, in connection with or as a result of this linkage. The NYS CPC reserves the right to seek all remedies available by law for breaches of these terms and conditions.
TO OBTAIN APPROVAL OR FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
New York State Crime Prevention Coalition
P.O. Box 8633
Albany, New York 12208
HYPERLINKS FROM THE NYS CPC'S WEB SITE
The NYS CPC Website contains links to third party sites. The NYS CPC is not responsible for the contents or any of the information of any Web Sites linked with its Web Site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the NYS CPC of the linked sites and the NYS CPC is not liable for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by you or any third party arising out of, in connection with or as a result of this linkage.
No advertising shall appear on the same web page as NYS CPC information if that advertisement leads, in any way, to suggest an endorsement by the NYS CPC.
VIOLATIONS OF THIS POLICY MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION IN NEW YORK STATE AND/OR FEDERAL COURT.