is to make crime prevention an integral part of life in New York State.
- To bring together all segments of the community and create partnerships
- To improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods and communities
- To develop and implement crime prevention initiatives, training and education
We Do This By
- Training crime prevention practitioners.
- Providing information and technical assistance on crime prevention to residents and members of the law enforcement, academic and business communities.
- Acting as a networking agency to inform practitioners about successful programs.
- Providing crime prevention experts to speak about effective crime prevention strategies and area programs.
- Coordinating statewide efforts into a cohesive unit dedicated to reducing crime and criminal opportunity in our communities.
- Recognizing people who have had a significant impact in reducing crime.
The New York State Crime Prevention Coalition believes that . . .
Crime prevention means:
- Law enforcement, residents, businesses and the academic community working together to address ways to prevent crime.
- Educating communities in ways to reduce or eliminate criminal opportunities.
- All residents working together to develop action plans to keep their neighborhoods crime free.
Crime prevention is:
- Everyone’s business.
- More than security.
- A responsibility of all levels of government.
- Linked with solving social problems.
- Cost effective.
- Crime prevention requires:
- A central position in law enforcement.
- Cooperation by all elements of the community.
- Tailoring to local needs and conditions.
Crime prevention improves:
- The quality of life for every community and its residents.
- Reducing crime brings us:
- Greater freedom and security for everyone.
- Increased respect for the right of the individual.
- Revival of commitment to one’s own community.
- Healthier more interdependent, interactive communities.
- Increased individual and collective pride in self and community.